Eye of the Werewolf

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Eye of the Werewolf

Post  Katsa on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 am

"Hm?" Norah turned back at Jess's sudden question, brows furrowing a bit and a frown etched into her features so she now held an unsure look. Remaining silent, she was rather proud at having avoided such a specific question for this long and didn't really wish to give it away. She was also curious to find out if Itaete was really human or not but had said nothing about it to prevent being asked herself, though Jess now brought it forth.

Perhaps she was being paranoid, after all it was obvious both Jess and Itaete hung around werewolves and the ones who are werewolves weren't normal, so what difference did it make who she was? But Norah wasn't a werewolf but something different, she wasn't a normal human being either but would that mean she'd be accepted or hated? Lying was out of the question, Norah wasn't very good at it and besides the long pause was already suspicious.

"Well," the silence broken, Norah cleared her throat and shifted between her feet uncomfortably. "I'm... a weregryphon." Norah almost spoke to quietly at the last sentence but had managed to raise her voice just enough to be heard. Rubbing the back of her neck nervously, her eyes shifted between the three to search for their reactions, but also asked, "And what about you, Jess? Are you a regular human being?"
Katsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamaete on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:59 pm

"Ooh, really?" Itaete perked up as Norah nearly whispered that she was a werehryphon, "I've never met one of those before, this is so cool!" Jess's question had caught him off guard, but when Norah supplied an answer he jumped in to identify himself as well, "I'm a nahual! Or, well, I guess in English that'd be a were jaguar? Yeah that," He nodded, satisfied with his word choice.

An eyebrow quirked over blue eyes as Norah turned the questioning table on Jess, and Kama took the opportunity to study the slight girl again. She looked very normal, then again so did Norah and the majority of other not-humans he's met. He wouldn't be very surprised if she turned out to be another were, though it would add to his suspicion of the entire situation. There they are, Itaete and him, two weres. Then there is at least another werewolf in the bushes a few yards away, and then a weregryphon, all concentrated in the same area. He didn't really believe in coincidences. So he hung back and decided to let his more extroverted friend do all the talking while he assessed the situation.
Kamaete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vantani on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Brown eyes widened in wonder was Norah revealed what she was. "A gryphon! Like, those lion eagle creatures? That's amazing!" However, when the question was put on her shoulders and the other girl asked if she was a human, Jess winced like she had been hit. Her voice became low and sour; "Yes... Just an ordinary, regular, human being." She looked up at Itaete when he said he was a jaguar and nodded. Even though a nerve was struck, Jess found it interesting that a werejaguar and a weregryphon were before her. All she knew were werewolves. What other types of Were existed out there? Her stomach tightened when she realized that she was not one, and the girl's arms folded loosely. Her head hung low.

Vantani

View user profile http://werewolflover6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsa on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 am

The nervous feeling Norah had felt completely evaporated at their comments, a wide smile brightening her features. "Yep," she nodded repeatedly to Jess's question, so glad that she was accepted by them rather than shunned. "That's what I am, half bird and half cat!" Turning her gaze to Itaete, her smile broadened even further. "A werejaguar? Cool! I didn't know there was one of those!"

The excitement was short lived, however, at the sudden change of behavior in Jess. Frowning, Norah studied the slim female with lowered brows, genuine curiosity and concern now reflecting upon her visage. If she didn't know better, she thought Jess was almost disappointed at being just a human being.

"What's the matter?" she asked her. "Aren't you happy that you're human?"
Katsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kutanra on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 am

(Leaving Kate and Sparrow with Fiona so I can post)

A rustle from the bushes sounded behind them, a large black shape emerged, about to head for the campus when it noticed them. Vane turned towards them, recognising the scent of Kate on the slim girl with dark hair. "Your friend is...not too good to be honest. I think she did some real damage from the fall and the transformation. I wouldn't advise going over yet. There's a strange wolf with her and the other girl"

Noticing Kama and Ita he froze, jaw clenched. A menacing growl escaped his throat, he hoped they didn't call his bluff, he was in no mood to fight anymore.

"Who are you and besides me what have you seen?!" he demanded.

Kutanra
Admin

View user profile http://Kutanra.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vantani on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Jess was about to reply when she heard someone arrive. She turned, and di not expect the wolf to appear, and squeaked in surprize; the wolf was huge. However, Jess became worried when he spoke of Kate' injury. "I know Kate will be fine!" she retorted with new confidence. "I mean... how bad can it really be?" Jess's brow creased with worry.

Vantani

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyugima on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:49 pm

((AHAHAHA My new computer has a spell check on the browser, so go me! It is my sisters old one, but better than mine.))

Fiona walked around Kate somewhat, trying to inspect the limb without touching it just yet, it would be painful, and Fiona wanted to try and put off the chance of being bitten as long as she could. Her own brother had bitten her once, when he had done something stupid, and had reacted to the pain of her trying to fix him up like any other animal, trying to get rid of what was causing the pain. This was a hazard with any were or animal. There was obviously some terrible damage done to the shoulder, looking from afar could have told her that. A lot of tissue damage from the transformation ripping at the muscles, definitely dislocated, and the chance of a fracture, considering all the damage done. Fiona turned to ask the big brute of a male to help out, to just keep an eye on Kate if she decided to snap, only discovered he had wondered off. She sighed, motioning her brother over.
"Ryan, can you just watch her for me, in case she tries anything silly?"
He nodded, walking over. He wasn't cracking any jokes or trying to hit on Fiona right now, he knew Fiona would more than likely Have a go at him worse than usual because she was trying to help someone out.
"You want me to shift?"
Fiona rolled her eyes.
"No duh. Unless you've gotten a whole lot stronger in the last 20 seconds and can keep hold of a transformed werewolf on your own."
Fiona turned her attention back to Kate's shoulder, ignoring the sound of ripping clothes as Ryan shifted, sitting by Kate, just waiting. When Fiona knew that Ryan would have her back she put her hands on the wound, feeling it tentatively, moving the limb. She was right on the money with the dislocation. There was a fracture too, but only a small one, nothing too severe. But it meant that pulling the shoulder to pop it back in place was going to be much more painful for Kate. And Fiona hadn't brought anything with her to help with the pain.
"I'm going to have to pop the shoulder joint back in place. But I'm afraid it's going to be very painful. If you can, bite something, and preferably not me."
Kyugima

View user profile http://dropjaw.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Vantani on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Kate growled a little when Fiona came near. The growl rumbled louder when the injury was touched. Digging her claws in the ground, Kathrine reached over and toree a sappling out of the ground, she held it in her teeth and said "I'm ready."

Vantani

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamaete on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 pm

At least three werewolves, a weregryphon, one human and another girl of some species, Kama surmised from the newcomer's sentence. They all seemed to know each other too, since only one was classified as strange and, well, they are all in the same vicinity of each other and talking to each other. The exact moment the intimidating male caught sight of him and Itaete was easy to spot. He froze and snarled at them, either terriorial or protective. Kama really didn't care for the hostility he directed at them.

"Besides you, I would say we saw a lovely night, some interesting types of shrubs, and two young ladies we were having a delightful conversation with before you interrupted. " Kama snarked, furrowing his brow at the black furred werewolf. "And I think you could do with a lesson or two in etiquette," by the end of his sentence, though the words weren't anything sinister, there was a low growl in his throat. His skin was tingling and he was ready, with slightest movement that hinted towards true hostility for the were to transform. He lept himself straight backed and rigid though, he disliked shifting and besides, he and Itaete had brought no extra clothes.

Itaete, feeling the palapable tension in the air, set a hand on Kama's shoulder, feeling him flinch underneath the touch. He smiled without showing teeth (he'd read thag it cpuld be taken for a sign of agression) and tried calming down thr rather large and scary were. "We didn't really see anything, but it wouldn't matter if we had, you could trust us," he said.
Kamaete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kutanra on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Nothing was said for a moment before Vane narrowed his eyes, teeth still neared but growling diminished "Am I to assume you and I have more in common than I think?" he didn't directly want to accuse them of being werewolves though the taller one's growl could hardly be called human. He also spoke carefully as he didn't want to cause any more fighting, both because the girl's had already had to flee once and because there wasn't enough cover from the college buildings.

Kutanra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyugima on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Fiona waited patiently as Kate got her jaws around a nearby sapling, nodding her head as Kate confirmed that she was ready for what was coming. Fiona grabbed Kate's large furry arm tightly, trying to avoid more painful areas to grab, and began to pull, hard. She could feel the ball that was meant to fit in the socket begin to move, grinding a little against the bones in the shoulder as she tried to work it into place. It was a stubborn dislocation, and Fiona had to put some force into it to get it into position, but soon she had to grin at the audible pop of the shoulder getting back into position.
Kyugima

Back to top Go down

Post  Vantani on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:33 pm

With an effortless snap, the sapling split in two between the wolf's teeth just as the joint popped. The pain was incredible and sudden. "OW!" Kathrine howled. She instinctively turned toward Fiona and clenched her jaws, looking like she was about to swing. However, she didn't notice Ryan behind her as her teeth opened toward Fiona.

Vantani

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyugima on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Ryan growled as he realised Kate was going for Fiona, lunging forward to get a grip on her. Fiona's head turned as she heard the commotion, leaping back in case, her own clothes tearing as she shifted, her body reacting to the danger from a werewolf she barely knew, growling as she backed up.

(STUPID POST IS STUPID.)
Kyugima

Back to top Go down

Post  Vantani on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Kate was thrown to the ground heavily when Ryan grabbed her, and then noticed Fiona shift. As Kate hit the ground, the muscles on her shoulder strained again and she snarled, though felt better. Her rage was reduced to a few heavy pants and clenching of teeth and claws in the grass.

(Not as stupid as mine XD)

Vantani

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsa on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Hearing a voice come from not of the Kama or Itaete or even Jess, Norah turned to see a rather large wolf behind them, who she recognized instantly as the male who had attacked the other female. She nearly jumped out of her skin in shock, but managed to keep her composure. Even so, she kept silent as the three males talked, thinking it best not to voice out her presence and remain blended in with the background.

((Shortness! Will have longer posts in future, I'm distracted from watching "The Walking Dead" XD))
Katsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kutanra on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Commotion from where he had previous been had Vane losing concentration on Kama. With a quick glance to the girls he stated "I think she's being treated" before bounding back through the bushes to see if they were alright, leaving a cleared path of broken twigs and flattened grass.

Arriving at the scene he scowled. Moving between the grey and brown wolves he said calmly and cautiously "Let her up, you might be hurting her wound" it wasn't exactly an order as it was clearly saying "but if she tries anything pin her again"

Kutanra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyugima on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:15 am

Ryan let go of Kate slowly, watching her intently in case she tried anything again. Fiona took a couple of deep breathes, relaxing herself, as the scare had worked her up. When Fiona thought she was in better control of herself, she walked back over to Kate, inspecting the shoulder without touching. it did look better now that the shoulder wasn't dislocated any more, but the damage was still pretty bad.
"Thanks for the help there Ryan, and your shoulder should be better now, but I would suggest that at least while human you have it in a sling. The joint will be weaker after this for a bit, and if you do to much with it, you could dislocate it again. Plus, it'll help with what I think is a fracture, and get the muscles knitting back together. I can't really put it in a sling when you're werewolf though, so I would suggest trying not to do too much with it for a bit."
Kyugima

Back to top Go down

Post  Vantani on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 am

Disoriented slightly from the pain, Kate nodded distantly as she stood, careful not to put pressure on her shoulder. "Thanks.... what were your names again?" The fur on the back of her neck bristled, but she seemed much warmer to the others than before.

Vantani

Back to top Go down

Post  Kutanra on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Vane cocked one eyebrow "Am I really that immemorable?" he mocked lightly.

Drawing himself up to full height he allowed some of his British accent to seep through "Vane Lupin Vusakalais. Please don't ask me about it's origin or it's irony." taking a bow, tail wagging slowly, he stood to look at the grey wolf and what appeared to be her boyfriend who he had not yet learned the name of

(could Jess not follow where Vane broke through the branches to find Kate. Then Norah and ItaKama can follow and we'll all be together)

Kutanra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vantani on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 pm

(Yeah sure. This is my last post before waiting for the others)

Jess saw Vane barrel through the bushes and undergrowth, worrying. However, she jumped when she heard Kate roar. "Come on Norah, I think they need us!" The girl gestured toward Kama and Itaete as well. "Maybe you two should come, too." She quickly ran through Vane's path back to where the others were.

"Vusakalais? That sounds like an odd pair of shoe lace," Kathrine mocked as pay back to her own mistake. She still sort of glared at the big, black, and apparently British wolf; she didn't forgive him much for before and Fiona was most likely the first of the newcomers to gain her trust for healing her shoulder but Vane still made her cautious. However the previous signs of savagery Kate hated him for seemed to fade for now, even in his current body. For now, she was content with him.
He'll have to be careful around Jess. I'll look over them.... Kate decided.

Vantani

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamaete on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:22 pm

((Sorry for not posting a lot! Also, short post, sorry.))

Itaete nodded quickly, and, grabbing Kama's arm, followed in Jess's footsteps. Kama pulled out of his friend's grip enough to idle, wanting to make sure they didn't leave Norah behind. When they reached the others he made a quick calculation of the new numbers. There was an extra wolf, one he hadn't accounted for but who didn't look like he wanted a fight, though just his presence made Kama a bit more edgy. He didn't like being so severely outnumbered.

Kamaete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsa on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Norah was reluctant to follow, and even hung back a bit when the others went on without her, but in the end she managed to force her legs forward. Sticking behind the other three, she viewed the area while attracting the least bit of attention as possible. There were two new werewolves, and she assumed they must have been Ryan and Fiona. The other was the female who had asked her to take Jess away, and her arm seemed a bit better. That was all she managed to see from her vantage point, but she thought there was at least one other person around.

Hands behind back, again Norah stuck to the background. She observed the scene silently almost like someone who was simply watching a TV show.
Katsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kutanra on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 am

Vane saw the suspicion in Kate's eyes. Whilst he knew he probably should try to gain her trust after all he done he couldn't help but look at Jess while licking his lips, the sideways glance cheekily telling her he knew she knew he was razzing her.

When Norah appeared he was gentler. She seemed somewhat timid like a small child and he smiled and raised a paw in hello.

He didn't make eye contact with Kama, the male rival seemed edgy and he didn't want any more fights.

He turned to Fiona when she finished strapping up Kate's arm "That's a neat job. You into medicine?"
The large wolf sat with his legs crossed, tail gently thumping the ground. Usually lowering ones heights in a werewolf pack meant submission. Vane's was more of a confident and content enough with status attitude.

Kutanra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyugima on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Fiona looked over at Vane as he asked her if she was into medicine, nodding her head slowly.
"Yeah, more animal based though, plans to be a Vet in the future for me hopefully. Of course, learning this stuff is also helpful when you're a werewolf, in case something pops up you can't just go to your doctor for."
She was about to leave it at that when she forgot she hadn't made her introduction yet.
"And I'm Fiona, the fool with my is my little brother Ryan. Ignore him if possible, he still hasn't grown out of the toddler years, so nothing he does should really be taken seriously."
Ryan pouted.
"That's insulting. I haven't gotten past my child years at the very least."
Kyugima

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsa on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:47 am

Brown eyes wondered around the area until they caught the movement of a raised paw from Vane, recognized instantly as a sign of a greeting. A shy smile appeared upon her visage and a light giggle even slipped out, the scene just looked almost too cute from a vicious werewolf. Raising her own hand, she mimicked the gesture adding a slight wave before lowering it back down, feeling more comfortable with the tension leaving the area. Her gaze then went between Fiona and Ryan as they spoke, showing more interest on the subject. What a good idea, to learn on becoming a vet for the future and helping injured, defenseless animals. Though it also fascinated her when Fiona explained about learning how to heal wounds when a werewolf, she was thinking ahead and Norah had never thought about that.

Once more she smiled shyly and chuckled quietly between the sibling's argument. Gathering her courage, Norah decided she should introduce herself to the one's who hadn't heard her name yet, it was only polite to do so. "My name's Norah," her voice was quiet-like but somehow very clear, though it appeared she was becoming less shy around the group.
Katsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next